Planning for phased reopening of the clubhouse

May 18, 2020

We hopeful that we will be able to open the clubhouse in stages, with the first being access and use of private boats. The use of shared equipment will be more complicated to arrange, but we will work on it.

Following the updated Restricted Activity Directions issued by the Victorian Chief Health Officer last Monday 11 May, Sport and Recreation Victoria (SRV) published Return to Play Guidance for community sport and recreation organisations on Thursday. 

Combined, these State Government documents provide State Sporting Associations (SSAs) the necessary information to prepare ‘return to play plans’ for their sports. Yarra Council will need evaluate all of the above information (once available) before confirming the requirements for different sports and locations in Yarra. 

Our President has been in touch with Paddle Vic and they have promised to provide Yarra Council with a ‘return to play plan’ today. This document will inform Council decision making around scheduling and access to facilities. 

We will communicate details of the plan to reopen the clubhouse as soon as we can. Until then the clubhouse will remain closed.

Thank you all and for your ongoing patience, adaptability and resilience during this time.

Stay safe everyone!