February 28, 2018
Welcome to 2018. I hope your year has started with lots of paddling fun. I hope to keep you updated with relevant club information throughout the year. You are all involved in a vibrant sport and a great club.
Together, we can make even better.
Think about what you can do for the club to enhance everyone’s enjoyment.
- We are proud to announce that our very own INCC member, John Young, has been elected Chairman of the Victorian Marathon Committee. Congratulations John!l
- A huge vote of thanks is extended to the outgoing chairman, Joe Alia for his fantastic work over many, many years. Joe will continue as Deputy Chairman.
- This year only on Online entries will be accepted for marathon races. This will enable races to be conducted more efficiently and allow the race organisers to be more effective in their event management.
- The next race is the Summer Finale to be held at Geelong on Sunday, March 4th.
- It was good to see INCC paddlers competing at the Saltwater Classic. Congratulations to the many medal winners.
- It was also good to see so many INCC paddlers at the Frank Harrison doubleheader in Albury over the weekend. Victoria won the inaugural Interstate challenge with INCC paddler contributing significantly to the Victorian tally.
- Footscray Canoe Club has thrown out a challenge to INCC to join them in entering a mixed K4 relay team in the Massive Murray Marathon this year. Let me know if you are interested in joining in on this adventure. A warm-up race could be the Sth Australian Riverland Marathon on the Queens Birthday weekend.
- Hannah Scott is our race participation coordinator. If you need assistance with boat transport or just some moral support to start racing, please contact Hannah. She will be sending out regular reminders before each race this year.
- Canoeing Victoria CEO, Mark Heggie has been appointed Victorian Team Manager for the Australian Canoe Marathon Championships.
- Your committee is working hard AGAIN to try to gain funding from Yarra council, to improve our facilities.
- Our coaches have been hard at work conducting a summer program for juniors and adult beginner lessons. Some new training initiatives are also being planned. More info soon.
- Thanks to Geoff Baird for instigating the electronic sign out system for boats. This will provide us with much better boat usage data.
- Thanks to John and Geoff for initiating the Tuesday Time Trials. Get out there and test yourself!