During this extraordinary time we can safely maintain our paddling routine if we all follow the expert guidance to avoid transmission of COVID-19. The club places the highest priority on our members’ health and safety, so please read this email carefully and help us make sure everyone is doing the right thing to protect themselves and others.
The expert advice is that paddling in small groups – 2 (twos and threes) is safe, providing people maintain social distancing on and off the water and hand hygiene practices.
To ensure all INCC Yarra Paddlers can continue to paddle, it is important that effective immediately:
- if you are feeling unwell – DO NOT come to the clubhouse or paddle
- the gym is closed – please do not use the equipment
- please use the surface spray and soap provided in the clubhouse (in the kitchen and toilets) to wash your hands thoroughly when you arrive and before you leave
- use the club boat sign-out book to register your attendance at the clubhouse, even if you do not use club equipment
- members should avoid use of the shower and change facilities in the clubhouse
- all large group training sessions are cancelled until further notice – please observe the restriction and only paddle in very small groups
- if you do test positive for the virus and have been to the clubhouse, please contact Candice via email or on 0431106081.
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO NOW? – Please read the advice and updates on COVID-19 from Paddle Victoria and Sports Australia. Check back from time to time as well.
If you notice that supplies of soap or surface spray are running low and you have some to spare, please bring it to the clubhouse. Reimbursement can be arranged by sending details to Candice.
INCC Yarra Paddlers members are also asked to keep up to date with guidance and advice from the Australian Government and World Health Organisation.
If you have any questions, please contact Candice.