INCC Yarra Paddlers’ club races and BBQ
We have a regular schedule of fun mornings with club races and BBQ every two months on a Sunday morning from 10 am. If you’re ready for a bit of fun and an opportunity to meet other paddlers…then put the dates in your diary now.
Jump to results and photos of recent Sunday Club Doubles events
How it works
- Register online by 8 am and arrive at the clubhouse at 10 am
- two-person crews are drawn randomly – one novice and one experienced paddler – and assigned a ‘start wave’ (don’t worry that you’ll forget, we write the number on your arm triathlon-style)
- everyone listens to the briefing
- crews select a TK2, get their paddles and move down to the steps
- first start wave (3 boats) departs at 10.40 am, with a few minutes between each wave
- race downstream to Bellbird Landing and back (~5k)
- recover, shower, change – or a combination thereof!
- enjoy BBQ lunch from about 12.30 pm
- congratulate the winners, relive the drama and excitement of the morning
- help tidy up and be gone by 2 pm
Sounds like fun doesn’t it? But we hear you asking...
- What boats can we use? – any TK2 club boat or your own
- Will there be prizes? There is a prize for the fastest time… but its mostly about having fun – this is NOT serious racing!
- Do I have to wear a PFD? Yes, absolutely
- Where’s Bellbird Landing? In the middle of the flying fox colony but we have a turn-buoy or someone calling out just to make sure you don’t end up at Dight’s Falls by mistake
- Why the random draw for crews? Its a great way to meet new people plus, if you haven’t raced before you can be confident that your buddy has the skills…it even could lead to some unique side-betting opportunities…
If you are not paddling but willing to help out with the race or be a BBQ masterchef, email Sally
Sunday Club Doubles for 2021
- March 7
- May 9
- July 4
- September 12
- November 7
- December 4
You can register right now!