The restrictions and efforts to ‘flatten the curve’ are changing every day and have increased since we communicated late last week. As of today, we are still able to paddle – as long as we minimise the risk of transmission, particularly when people are around the clubhouse. We have updated our advice from last week with some extra precautions that are highlighted below.
The committee is constantly monitoring the advice from government and sporting peak bodies. We have also been in contact with Yarra Council and worked through several scenarios that would mean having to close the clubhouse, either for a short period or indefinitely. If we do need to close the clubhouse, we will endeavour to provide limited access for members wanting to remove their boat/paddle, however this cannot be guaranteed. You may want to consider removing your gear now.
The club places the highest priority on our members’ health and safety, so please read this email carefully and help us make sure everyone is doing the right thing to protect themselves and others.
The advice continues to be that paddling in small groups (two’s and three’s) is safe, providing people maintain social distancing on and off the water and strict hand hygiene practices.
To ensure all INCC Yarra Paddlers can continue to paddle, we ask everyone to follow the guidelines:
- if you are self-isolating, feeling unwell or have spent time with anyone who has – DO NOT come to the clubhouse or paddle
- the gym is closed – use is prohibited
- please use the surface spray and soap provided in the clubhouse (in the kitchen and toilets) to wash your hands thoroughly when you arrive and before you leave
- please wipe down club boats and paddles before and after you use them
- please wipe down door handles, taps etc
- please avoid having more than a couple of people in the building at one time
- use your fob every time you enter – if you don’t have a fob, use the club boat sign-out book to register your attendance at the clubhouse, even if you do not use club equipment
- members should avoid use of the kitchen, shower and change facilities in the clubhouse
- all large group training sessions are cancelled until further notice – please observe the restriction and only paddle in very small groups
- if you do test positive for the virus and have been to the clubhouse, please contact Candice via email or on 0431106081.
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO NOW? – Please read the advice and updates on COVID-19 from Paddle Victoria and Sports Australia. Check back from time to time as well.
We have stepped up the frequency of cleaning and are likely to have a ‘deep clean’ by the Council in the coming week or so. If you notice that supplies of soap or surface spray are running low and you have some to spare, please bring it to the clubhouse. Reimbursement can be arranged by sending details to Candice.
INCC Yarra Paddlers members are also asked to keep up to date with guidance and advice from the Australian Government and World Health Organisation.
If you have any questions, please contact Candice.