New members pay a fee based upon the date of application. Existing members pay the same amount regardless of the date they renew.
Adult members have the option of joining as ‘competitive’ or ‘recreational’
All members are entitled to use the fleet of 30 club boats. Purchase and maintenance of these boats is funded from members’ fees. If you don’t have your own boat, or intend to use club boats regularly (say, more than once a month) or for competition, then you must join as a ‘regular club boat user’.
To ensure the sport is accessible to all, fees are discounted for students, pensioners and Health Care Card holders. Family membership categories encourage participation by all ages and are also good value for money.
New members must arrange for an orientation to the club if they are not participating in the Beginner Program. Orientations are normally conducted two days a month. A key will be issued following orientation and evidence of paddling competence. To book in for orientation, please email the Membership Co-ordinator at least 2 days before.
More information about the Beginner program, including who to contact.
Further details of the different categories of membership can be found on the Membership Fees page.
Steps to joining INCC
- Read the Membership Fees and Frequently Asked Questions
- Work out which category of membership is right for you.
- We recommend new members who have not previously paddled touring or racing kayaks participate in the Beginner Program run by the club. You can pay for the program when you join, but you must contact the coach to beforehand.
- Follow the links below to complete the on-line registration via the Australian Canoeing website, which uses PayPal for secure payment. You can use your credit or debit card, or pay from your bank or PayPal account.
- Attend the Beginner Program or an orientation session if you are a new member. Existing members can arrange to swap their old key for a new one by emailing the Membership Co-ordinator.
Follow the links to join via the Canoeing Australia website: